The following Accommodation Policy applies to accommodation at the University of Nottingham Halls of Residence. The General Policy is incorporated into this Accommodation Policy.
In this Accommodation Policy, the following definitions apply:
“Campus” means the University of Nottingham campus and buildings within the campus.
“Contents” means the fixtures, fittings, furniture and equipment of a Room or the Premises.
“Deposit” means any returnable key deposit that must be paid by the Occupier before taking possession of a Room and which will be returned to the Occupier on receipt of the Key and provided that the Room is left in a satisfactory condition.
“ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee” means the selected individuals appointed by the Organisers to arrange accommodation for ESF 2017.
“Key” means keys, access cards, swipe cards or any other device for securing or gaining lawful access to a Room or the Premises.
“University of Nottingham Staff” means any University of Nottingham staff member.
“Occupier” means the person who has hired the Room.
“Premises” means the set of buildings in which a Room is contained.
“Room” means a room within the halls of residence, which is allocated to the Occupier by the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee or booked independently by the Occupier.
“Room Hire Cost” means the amount of money payable in advance, per Room per night.
“Term” means the period (in days) that the Room has been let for.
Rules and Regulations
- The Occupier accepts the Room subject to these Rules and Regulations.
- The hire of the Room is not intended to create a tenancy of the Room and the Occupier does not have exclusive possession of the Room.
- Any Occupier who is under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- The Room is part of a communal residential environment. The Occupier therefore acknowledges that the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee will regard all forms of antisocial behaviour by the Occupier or his/her visitors as unacceptable and may take any remedial action it considers necessary or appropriate. Interpretation and enforcement of this Rule shall be within the absolute discretion of the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee and the Organisers.
- The Room is deemed to be in a satisfactory condition and acceptable to the Occupier once the Occupier has accepted the Key and the Room in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
- Any Deposit not collected by the Occupier by Monday 17th April 2017 will be forfeited.
- The Organisers reserve the right to take such action as they consider appropriate in the event that the Occupier and/or his visitors breach the Zero Tolerance policy as set out in the General Policy.
Rules and Regulations specific to the Occupier
The Occupier agrees:
- not to do anything to bring ESF 2017, the Ismaili Community and/or University of Nottingham into disrepute and at all times to act in a reasonable manner in relation to his/her use and occupation of the Room and the communal facilities of the Premises
- not to breach the Zero Tolerance policy as set out in the General Policy
- to pay the total Room Hire Cost and Deposit due in full and on time
- to keep the interior of the Room and the Premises including Contents in good repair and condition throughout the Term (otherwise the cost of any damage may be deducted from the Deposit)
- to notify the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee promptly of any defect or disrepair in the Room or Premises including the Contents
- to pay for any damage to the Premises and the Room for which the Occupier and/or his/her visitors are responsible and to pay for any Contents which may be lost, stolen, broken, damaged or destroyed during the Term by, or as a result of, any act or omission of the Occupier or any person visiting the Occupier
- not to do anything that could put the health, safety or welfare of other Occupiers and/or any other persons, or their property, at risk
- not to assign or sublet the Room and to use it for the purpose of single private residence
- not to leave the Room unoccupied at any time without locking the doors and windows
- not to leave the entrance doors of the Premises open and, where relevant, unlocked at any time
- that any member of the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee, the Organisers, a representative of University of Nottingham carrying identification or authorised security personnel may enter the Room in cases of immediate necessity or urgency. These cases include but are not limited to medical emergencies, suspicion of Drug abuse, illegal occupancy, noise or behaviour which is a nuisance or disturbance to other Occupiers and breaches of this Accommodation Policy. Further to this consent, the Occupier agrees that Room searches may be carried out by authorised security personnel at any given time on the authority of the Organisers
- not to do or allow in the Room or on the Premises or on Campus anything which might annoy others or cause nuisance, is dangerous or is illegal or immoral (including without limitation the consumption of Drugs or alcohol)
- not to behave in a violent or disorderly manner in the Room or on the Premises or on the Campus
- not to deface or to cause damage to any University property
- not to smoke in the Room, on the Premises or on Campus
- that he/she is responsible for the actions of their visitors whilst in the Room and/or Premises
- not to invite any visitor to stay overnight in the Room
- not to make noise amounting to nuisance in the Room or on the Premises after 11:30pm. Interpretation and enforcement of this Rule shall be within the absolute discretion of the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee
- not to conduct any parties or social gathering of any kind in the Room or on the Premises
- to acquaint themselves, and to comply with, the fire alarm and evacuation procedures as laid down by University of Nottingham and the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee
- not to bring any animal upon the Premises unless it is an aid for a disabled person
- to deliver the Room at the end of the Term to the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee in a clean and tidy condition and in accordance with these Rules otherwise that the cost of damages to, or cleaning charges for, the Room will be deducted from the Deposit and
- to accept liability for any breach of these Rules and to pay the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee all costs and expenses (including VAT) incurred by the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee, the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom and/or CFR (UK) in respect of enforcement of any of these Rules, including the recovery of Room Hire Costs or any monies required to repair any damage to the Contents, Room and/or Premises.
The Organisers (including the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee), the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom and/or CFR (UK) shall not be liable for any costs or claims whatsoever arising from injury to any person or damage or loss to property arising as a result of the Occupier’s hire of the Room, whether or not such injury or damage or loss is caused either directly or indirectly, or wholly or in part by the Organisers (including the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee), the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom and/or CFR (UK), unless such injury or damage or loss to property shall be proved conclusively to have been caused by the negligence of the Organisers (including the ESF 2017 Accommodation Committee), the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom and/or CFR (UK).